Merck has announced a Senior Scientist position that will be holding interviews (Upstream Process Development at Merck Research Labs) during the Professional Development Event on May 6:
Resumes will be screened through handshake, Reference #333183. Merck is also requesting application through the following link.
Job: Senior Scientist/BioProcess-Fermentation-Cell Culture
- A minimum of a BS with a minimum of 7 years of experience OR a MS with a minimum of 4 years of experience OR PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related biological/engineering sciences
- Excellent scientific understanding of biology and engineering principles for cell culture processes and recombinant protein production, including product quality modulation.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with advanced statistical and computational tools (e.g. Design of Experiments, multivariate data analysis, etc).
- Strong skills in critical thinking, laboratory experimentation and data analysis.
- Solid track record of scientific contributions and project accomplishment, with ability to deliver high quality presentations/publications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Experience with cell culture medium and process optimization based on mechanistic understanding of cell biology and metabolism.
- Experience with applying Systems Biology tools (e.g. transcriptomics, metabolomics, proteomics, and other omics approaches) to understand cell biology and metabolism.
- Able to independently drive the projects with little or no oversight.
- Candidates with a passion for scientific excellence, strong communication and collaboration skills, and capability to deliver complex objectives under aggressive timelines should apply for this position.